In 2017 I took the boys and my mom to go and see the flower confetti fields at Wick, near Pershore in Worcestershire. I had never heard of them before, it was just a chance of seeing them on Facebook and a moment of “I have to go!” So we did.
Dexter was only weeks old and I really love the photos from that day as the flowers just make the photographs really have a special edge. This is one of the reasons that we went back, a year later, to have some more photos!
The fields are open again now (June 21st 2019) for another nine days so here is a little round up of our previous visits to help plan yours if you are going this year.
- It can be SUPER hot. It’s easy to forget that you are ambling around a wide open field when you are mooching amongst the flowers. Take lots of suncream, water and a hat too. There is some small areas of shade under the nearby trees but you can imagine these areas get busy.
- Take some change, there are flowers, cakes and ice creams to buy but when we went there was no card access to remember your pennies. There is also an admission fee of £5 for adults and £2.50 for children 6-16 years
- If you are going there for photo opportunities then take an extra memory card – I went crazy so make sure you have space!
- Don’t be shocked if you get there and it’s really busy, the confetti farm gets incredibly packed, especially when the last few days come around.
- Its a farm field so will be uneven under foot, really dry and dusty in the sun and probably really muddy when it’s been raining!
Have a fabulous time if you go, we have really enjoyed it and it has made for some fabulous photos at home.
The fields can be found here-
The Confetti Flower Field, Wick, Pershore, Worcestershire WR10 3PA (don’t trust your SatNav!!)