I have been a bit dubious after seeing all the “fake” rice recipes such as broccoli or cauli rice around but today I wanted a filling meal and to be honest I’m not really bothered about “real” rice any way so I gave it a go!
The whole recipe is 1sp as I don’t use FryLight, but if you did it would be zero.
- One large chicken breast
- Two eggs
- Half a head of cauliflower blitzed into “rice” in the food processor
- An onion
- Mushrooms if liked
- Spring onion
- 1tsp oil
- Heat the oil in your wok or frying pan, add your garlic & chilli then add your chicken and cook off.
- Add the onion and mushrooms
- Add the cauli rice
- At this point mine looked a bit “claggy” but don’t fear, it does improve! Cook all together. I added more garlic, some spring onion and chilli here.
- Make a well in the centre of the wok and add two beaten eggs, leave to cook into a just set plain omlette then break up and stir into the rice dish.
- Serve and add spring onion to garnish
Now you could mix it up a bit more using Chinese five spice, some ginger, sesame oil and soy but this was just a basic store cupboard effort from me and I actually am pretty pleased with the whole cauli rice dish!
Do you have any more alternative rice dishes? Let me know if the comments