I’m rearranging my hospital bag for the hundredth time and each time I’m pretty sure I’m losing part of my sanity with each stash. With Freddie I’m sure I packed it once and I was happy..second time round I’m doubting everything and getting stressy over the most mundane things (big pants?)
I would be more more chilled I’m sure, if I was packing my “ideal” hospital bag. You know, the one you actually
- Prosecco – no point being dull, get the pre drinks going with a bang and those bubbles flowing! Get that labour ward on its feet!
- Gin and Tonic – not the cans, not miniatures but the whole hog full size industrial beauties, paired with some juicy lemon and ice for the most perfect getting-sophisticatedly-pissed tone. If your really feeling it, a dab of gin behind the ears also doubles as a fragrant perfume (freeing up more bag space)
- Lemons, lime and ice – see above.
- Extra long phone charger – well I have to be partially practical..I ain’t running out of battery when Instagram stories is in full flow for the full frontal crowning moment!
- Cheeseboard – no soggy sandwiches here, a wedge of Stilton, chunk of cheddar, log of goats cheese and some juicy seedless grapes are everyone’s friend.
- Pate- I MISS YOU
- Proper loo roll- hospital tracing paper? No thanks.
- Ipad with box sets and large headphones. Outside world do not try and communicate with me. That includes you, chatterbox in bed 3.
- Eye mask. No eye contact necessary!
What would be essential in your ideal hospital bag for labour?!