We are off to Cornwall this week and because we have been blessed with glorious weather I want to ensure we spend as much time as we can on the beach. So far I have been massively unprepared and brought a UV tent and a fishing net. Slightly eclectic I know, so I headed to the fountain of knowledge from some other bloggers to complie a list of The best UK beach tips.
- A sheet, with elasticated corners, is ideal to make a area on the beach to keep sand free. If you pop picnic box/other items in the corner, it’ll make an edge that keeps the sheet clean! KatyKicker
- Wetsuits for the kids so they don’t get too cold swimming in the sea 😊
- Ooo a pillow..I know it sounds silly but sand is just not comfortable at all and a pillow is great if you are wanting to prop a book up too (man I sound lazy) My bump2baby
- Talc to rub on your feet when coming off to get the sand off when you are coming off the beach Cups of Charlotte
- Plasters…..there’s always someone who cuts themself on a stone or shell! Just Average Jen
- Ziplock bags. Perfect to keep your phone in and the sand out Twinderelmo
- A rubbish bag! Nothing more annoying than litter on the beach!! Also a brush with soft bristles is a must for getting the sand from between your toddlers toes especially if they hate having their feet touched!! Mommy & Rory
- Food & water! A lot of water in this hot weather and lots of fruit & snacks. My son is always hungry and bringing our own food saves money and saves the hassle of venturing somewhere to find something to eat. Even better, bring a picnic or BBQ to enjoy on the beach! Our Seaside Baby
- Hooded towels and picnic blankets! The towels are great as the kids can wrap up and dry off on the way back to the car and I love using picnic blankets on the beach, the sand doesnt go through them because of the water proof underside and theyre great for sitting on and staying clean! Sophella
- For me a beach chair is essential as I can’t bear to sit on the beach itself. I invested in the biggest comfiest beach chair there was going. It’s a bit heavy to lug around – but so worth it! Yorkshire Wonders
thanks to all the lovley bloggers who contributed 🙂
What are your go to beach tips?